If you wish to update the email address registered in your FriedbergDirect powered by AvaTrade account, you will need to contact Customer Services.
Please note that an email address can only be registered once on the FriedbergDirect powered by AvaTrade platform.
If you have started your registration process and haven’t completed it, you will not be able to register another account on that email address. Please follow this article explaining how to complete your account registration.
If you wish to update your password and are already logged into your My Account area, follow these simple steps:
- In the My Account area, click on the Personal Details tab on the left;
- Scroll to the Change Password box and click on the Pencil icon;
- You will then need to enter both your Current password and New password;
- Please make sure to include in your new password both lower- and upper-case characters, at least 8 characters, and at least one number, special characters are not allowed;
- Click on Submit;
- your new password has been updated.
In rare cases, it may take up to 15 minutes for your AvaMetaTrader to be updated with the new password. You can also use the Forgot password widget from the login page.
If you need to change your password, you can do so in two different ways. This article will show how to change your password from your My Account Area. Below are instructions for changing your password using the Forgot Your Password widget in the login page:
- Click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link under the login widget;
- Type your email address (the same address you registered with on FriedbergDirect powered by AvaTrade) and click "Submit";
- Click on "Return to login" after you receive the confirmation that the email for setting the password has been changed;
- Identify the email you receive from "FriedbergDirectAVA" and click on the "Click here to Continue" link to proceed to change your password;
- Enter your Date of Birth by Month, Day and Year, then type your new password;
- Once all the requirements for the password are met (a green tick appears next to the requirement, under the form), you can confirm by clicking on the "Change Password!" button;
- You will receive confirmation that the password has been change successfully;
- Return to the login page and enter your email address and New password.
In some cases, we required to have a $1 cheque sent by mail to the FriedbergDirect offices in Canada. The $1 cheque will be deposited by FriedbergDirect to add a due diligence process by the bank (to confirm that the cheque is cashed).
The $1 cheque should be mailed to:
Attn: Compliance Department, re: Ava Account
220 Bay Street
M5J 2W4 Canada
If you wish to Deposit via Credit Card, follow these steps:
- Log into your My Account area;
- Click on the Deposit tab on the left side;
- Select Fund your account;
- Choose the Visa / MasterCard payment method for Deposit, then choose the trading account you wish to deposit into (if you have only one account, it will appear by Default);
- Choose either the Visa or Debit card options;
- Enter the Credit card details as required in the Window, the amount and then click Deposit Now;
- If the deposit is accepted, it will show in your Trading account Equity:
- Important: please complete your account verification process, as the trading will not be enabled until your account is fully verified.
Sometimes your browser will save up data conflicting with the pages you are trying to visit; This, in particular, can influence online forms such as login widgets and details editing.
To restore your browser functionality, you will need to clear cache and cookies.
Please follow the below explanations on how to do so on different browsers, ordered by compatibility with FriedbergDirect powered by AvaTrade Website.
- Chrome :
- Select the Menu button (three vertical dots), in the upper-right corner of the window frame;
- Click on "Settings";
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and select "Advanced";
- In the first frame, Privacy and security, select the last option: "Clear Browsing Data";
- Select the time frame (remembering the last time time you successfully completed an action on the page, will assist you) and choose of temporary data to delete, then confirm by clicking on "Clear Data":
- Firefox :
- Select the Menu button (three horizontal lines), in the upper-right corner of the window frame;
- Select the "Options" tab in the menu;
- Select the "Privacy & Security" tab, on the left of the newly opened Options window;
- Among the settings under Privacy & Security, locate "Cookies and Site Data" and click on the "Clear Data" button;
- Select both types of temporary browsing data ("Cookies and Site Data" and "Cached Web Content"), then click on the "Clear" button;
- Confirm in the next step to clear the data selecting the "Clear Now" button:
- Explorer :
- Select the Menu button (clog symbol), in the upper-right corner of the window frame;
- Select "Safety";
- Then click on "Delete browsing history";
- Select at least Temporary "Internet files and website files" and "Cookies and Website data" and then click on the "Delete" button:
This procedure should resolve most of the issues relating to page responsiveness you may encounter, should the issue occur after clearing your cache and cookies please contact Customer Services providing full size screenshots of the occurred error.
Opening an account with FriedbergDirect powered by AvaTrade is easy. Simply follow these 3 steps:
- Get started here: https://www.friedbergdirectav.ca/register, fill in your name and email address, choose either individual or joint account and click on Create account.
- Fill in and complete the registration form.
- Verify your account (information on the verification forms are here).
Now you can fund your account and start trading.
The best way to send documents is by uploading them directly into your My Account:
If you don't have access to a scanner, you can also take a picture with your mobile phone and upload the picture.
For simple instructions on how to upload documents into your account, please click here.
Please note: All documents must be valid, clear and full page copies (all 4 corners visible).
The minimum deposit amount is 250 and applies to your account base Currency:
CAD account – CAD $300
USD account – USD $250
There are several advantages to trading CFDs:
* No Exchange fees – as you do not own the underlying asset, the contract is between you, the trader, and us.
* Leverage trading – You can open a trade with significantly less capital in comparison to owning the underlying asset.
* Initial Margin - required and maintenance margin required are the same.
* Variety of instruments -You can trade a range of instruments from the same platform.
Each trading platform offers different features that cater to various types of traders.
Whether you are a beginner or expert, you can find the right platform at FriedbergDirect Powered by AvaTrade.
Learn which trading platform best suits you on our trading platforms page.
Credit Card deposits require the following documents:
- A colored copy of a valid government-issued ID (e.g. Passport, ID card, driver’s license), containing the following information: Name, picture, date of birth, date of issue and date of expiry. (must match the ones you registered your account with).
- A utility bill for address verification (e.g. electricity, water, gas, land-line / mobile phone, local authority waste disposal), containing the following information: name, address, date - not older than 3 months (must match the ones you registered with).
- A financial statement (e.g. a bank, loan / mortgage or credit card account statement) - not older than 3 months.
- A W8 BEN Form. (Here is an article explaining how to fill the W8 BEN Form)
- All documents must be readable, easily viewed and identified with all 4 corners clearly visible and uploaded into your My Account area.
Please note: FriedbergDirect powered by AvaTrade reserves the right to request a credit card front and back copy. In that event, you may black out the 8 middle digits of the card.
In order to verify your account you will need to provide the following documents:
Proof of Identification (either one of the ID Examples):
- A valid form of Canadian ID issued by the National government or any province showing a photo of the Account owner along with the mailing address as shown in the customer's account.
- A form of ID from another country if the customer cannot provide either of the 2 Canadian ID’s mentioned above.
- A valid Passport.
- A valid Drivers license.
Proof of address:
- A NON-FINANCIAL related Utility Bill (such as a Gas bill, Electric bill, Telephone bill, Current lease agreement, CRA Notice of assessment, GST Refund Letter) the Utility Bill must include the following information:
- Your Full name.
- The mailing address on it which matches the address shown in the customer's trading account
- The document must have been issued within the last 3 months.
- We cannot accept a financial related documents as a Utility Bill.
We can accept a CRA document (either the GST refund notice or the Notice of Assessment) as a UB Canadian customers. Similar to all other types of valid UB’s, the CRA document is required to be dated within the last 3 months and must show the same exact mailing address on them which appears in the customer’s registered account
- A copy of an Original Bank, Loan/Mortgage or Credit Card account statement.
W8 BEN form:
- Please fill in the W8 BEN form.
- Here is an article explaining how to fill the W8 BEN form and this article explains why it's required.
A valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)
We do accept 3rd party deposits, however; in this case, we require additional documents for verification.
For more information, please check our 3rd party document requirements in the FAQs.
We accept all major Credit cards and direct bank transfers; when you log into your account, just click on the Deposit tab on the left, then on the Fund your Account tab, choose the trading account you wish to deposit into and there you can click either on Credit Card or Bank transfer to see the bank details for your wire transfer.
Here is an article explaining the steps to deposit via Bank transfer or Via Credit Card.
Withdrawals are typically processed and sent within 24 business hours from the moment the withdrawal request is received.
Once the withdrawal is processed, it may take some additional days to receive the payment:
- For Credit/Debit Cards - up to 5 business days
- For Wire transfers - within 5 to 10 business days (depending on the county of the Bank)
Kindly note: Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days.