In order to verify your account you will need to provide the following documents:
Proof of Identification (either one of the ID Examples):
- A valid form of Canadian ID issued by the National government or any province showing a photo of the Account owner along with the mailing address as shown in the customer's account.
- A form of ID from another country if the customer cannot provide either of the 2 Canadian ID’s mentioned above.
- A valid Passport.
- A valid Drivers license.
Proof of address:
- A NON-FINANCIAL related Utility Bill (such as a Gas bill, Electric bill, Telephone bill, Internet Service Provider bill, Current lease agreement, CRA Notice of assessment, GST Refund Letter) the Utility Bill must include the following information:
- Your Full name.
- The mailing address on it which matches the address shown in the customer's trading account
- The document must have been issued within the last 3 months.
- Or a Current lease agreement which is issued within the last 6 months.
- We cannot accept a financial related documents as a Utility Bill.
We can accept a CRA document (either the GST refund notice or the Notice of Assessment) as a UB Canadian customers. Similar to all other types of valid UB’s, the CRA document is required to be dated within the last 3 months and must show the same exact mailing address on them which appears in the customer’s registered account
- A copy of an Original Bank, Loan/Mortgage or Credit Card account statement.
W8 BEN form:
- Please fill in the W8 BEN form.
- Here is an article explaining how to fill the W8 BEN form and this article explains why it's required.
A Trusted Contact Person
- Please fill in the Trusted Contact Person from.
- Here is an article, explaining the requirement of having a Trusted Contact person (TCP).
A valid Social Insurance Number (SIN)