Due to strict rules/laws, set from the Alberta Securities Commission, residents of Alberta need to qualify as Accredited Investors, in order to open an account to trade in forex and CFDs, which is done by filling an Accredited Investor form.
Clients who complete the Accredited Investor form must be able to provide proof of their selected qualification option on the form.
In order to verify your account, you will need to provide the following documents, accompanied by the Accredited Investor form:
Proof of Identification (either one of the ID Examples):
- A valid form of Canadian ID issued by the National government or any province showing a photo of the Account owner along with the mailing address as shown in the customer's account.
- A form of ID from another country if the customer cannot provide either of the 2 Canadian ID’s mentioned above.
- A valid Passport.
- A valid Drivers license.
Proof of address:
- A NON-FINANCIAL related Utility Bill (such as a Gas bill, Electric bill, Telephone bill, Current lease agreement, CRA Notice of assessment, GST Refund Letter) the Utility Bill must include the following information:
- Your Full name.
- The mailing address on it which matches the address shown in the customer's trading account
- The document must have been issued within the last 3 months.
- We cannot accept a financial related documents as a Utility Bill.
- Ava will accept a CRA document (either the GST refund notice or the Notice of Assessment) as a UB Canadian customers. Similar to all other types of valid UB’s, the CRA document is required to be dated within the last 3 months and must show the same exact mailing address on them which appears in the customer’s registered account
- A copy of an Original Bank, Loan/Mortgage or Credit Card account statement.
W8 BEN form:
- Please fill in the W8 BEN form.
- Here is an article explaining how to fill the W8 BEN form and this article explains why it's required.
Accredited Investor document:
- Attached Accredited Investor document, filled, hand signed and scanned, please note that the mailing address must match the address filled in the registration form and not a P.O.B